Saturday, January 8, 2011

January 8, 2011


January 8, 2011
Originally uploaded by bbryan
Pine cones. I never really thought much about them, other than they hurt like the dickens when you step on them in barefeet. But when Dottie played LaCrosse in high school we were at one of her tournaments and I was talking with another player's mother. She was from somewhere up north where they don't have pine trees. (I apologize, but I can't remember the exact location.) She talked about how different things are in the south, one of them being pine trees. She said when she moved here she thought pine cones were beautiful, like wooden flowers. She said she would go outdoors and gather them up and make arrangements to decorate her home. I love it when things are put into a different perspective for me.

No comments: