Sunday, January 2, 2011

January 1, 2011


January 1, 2011
Originally uploaded by bbryan
Those of you that know me know that I have a love affair with bread. Not just any bread, but really good artisan bread. This could be the reason I can't seem to drop any more weight. For Christmas this year, Liz gave me a book entitled "Healthy Bread in Five Minutes a Day" and I have been anxious to try it out. Yesterday was the perfect day to try my hand at bread making. The technique is a bit unusual in that you make the dough, and then store it in the refrigerator and pull off a chunk each day. The dough can last up to 14 days in the fridge. Anyway, here you can see the first loaf, which is whole wheat. For the record, it is delicious! Even Donald, who does not like whole wheat products, thought it was awesome.

No comments: