Wednesday, March 15, 2017

March 13, 2017

Day 72 of 365. Back in October, I had a little accident at work. I fell down the stairs at the Opportunity School while I was carrying printers to the surplus truck. My foot rolled all the way over, and I felt the top of my foot scrape the top of the stair. Anyway, I had to go through workman's comp, and I really don't feel I received the level of care I would have received had I gone to my own doctor. After all these months, my foot still hurts so I took the initiative back in February to go for a second opinion. My primary care doctor immediately referred me to an orthopedist. X-rays confirmed what I had thought all along, my foot had what they call an avulsion fracture. Basically, that is where the tendons are pulled so far a piece of bone breaks off. At this point, it is too late to put me in a boot so we just have ride it out so to speak. She did give me some exercises to complete at home. Today I went for my follow up appointment and took advantage of the x-rays pulled up on the screen. Here's a funny shot of my feet. 


Feet

No comments: