Wednesday, August 24, 2011

August 24, 2011

August 24, 2011 by bbryan
August 24, 2011, a photo by bbryan on Flickr.

Some of you remember the one year I taught in Wake County after Donald and I got married. And you may also remember how perfectly miserable I was for the entire school year. However, one good thing did come out of that year: a recipe for chicken enchiladas. The PTA had given us a luncheon, and one of my parents made these and gave me the recipe. The original recipe has about a gazillion ingredients, including cooking your own chicken. I have perfected the recipe to include rotisserie chicken from Harris Teeter. All you do is mix the chicken with sour cream, green onions, green chilies, fresh cilantro, cheese, and anything else you want. You roll it in flour tortillas, cover it with enchilada sauce and more cheese, then bake it. These freeze really well, and tonight we just pulled some out of the freezer and baked. They are quite yummy.

No comments: