Wednesday, July 27, 2011

July 27, 2011

July 27, 2011 by bbryan
July 27, 2011, a photo by bbryan on Flickr.

Back during the depression, my grandfather would go out on trash day, just ahead of the garbage trucks. He would take things that people had thrown out, bring them home, and fix them up to sell. He was quite good at it, and he was able to make a little extra money. When I watch the TV show "American Pickers" I think that must be what he was, a picker. He had a barn in his back yard that was full of all the junk he collected. I don't know if it's genetic, but I always notice things on the side of road that people throw out. Donald has gotten used to this, and is even picking up the habit. When I got home today, here is Donald's latest find, a pair of Cypress Gardens skis, picked out of someone's trash.

2 comments:

maryanne said...

You and James with American Pickers and Myth Busters! Do you watch that pawn shop show too, with the bald guy?

Betsy said...

Yes I do! I'm not sure what the appeal of these shows is, but I like them! We also watch the restoration guy sometimes, too.